I’m still in love with Stampin’ Up!’s Four Feathers Stamp and Framelits bundle! I wanted to create a special card for the local demonstrator meeting I’m attending tomorrow. I found this card by Kristine McNickle at Creative Stamping and it was soooo great that I CASED it!
The supplies for the card are listed below. Here are the basics for creating this card.
- The splattered background is made with Gorgeous Grunge and Smoky Slate. I stamped off on a piece of scrap before I applied the stamp to my background.
- The diagonal stripe is silver washi tape from All Is Calm. It makes an easy layering element.
- Cut one feather out of SU’s Card Stock Vellum.
- Stamp a feather with Versamark onto Night of Navy card stock; sprinkle with Silver Emboss Powder and heat emboss.
- Punch out your bird before you stamp and emboss; it will be much easier. (I might have made 3 birds before I figured this out…)
- There are great sentiments that are perfect for small places in the Project Life Holiday Cheer Photopolymer stamp set. I loved this one–the sentiment and the fonts.
- Use a Stampin’ Dimensional to attach the sentiment to the glimmer paper. Glimmer paper is hard to attach to, and dimensionals or glue dots are great for it.
- The back of Glimmer Paper is very smooth so I always use Liquid glue to attach it to my projects. It works like a charm!
- This card would be great if you want to create multiple holiday cards, but ensure that they still look special. The elements lend themselves to assembly line production.
- I made 10 cards in about 2 hours by cutting all the vellum, stamping and embossing all the feathers, stamping and punching the sentiment–you get the idea!
I hope my fellow demonstrators like this card as much as I do.
Click on the images below to order directly from my store! Thanks for visiting!