I made this card for my husband to celebrate our anniversary! The Stampin’ Up! sailboat, Sail Away, is retired, but you can get it in digital form–woohoo!!! I used Stazon Jet Black ink on Stampin’ Up!’s watercolor paper and used my Aqua Painter and the following inks to color the panel: Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler.
My favorite part of this card, though, is the heart. It’s from Spread the Joy stamp set and it says: “You are my bucket list”. Isn’t that the sweetest, ever!!! I stamped the image on Cherry Cobbler card stock in Stazon Jet Black Ink and cut the image out close to the lines. I popped the whole thing up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I’d be remiss if I forgot to mention the lovely Cherry Cobbler 1″ Stitched Edge Grosgrain Ribbon that you can find in the Holiday Catalog! It ties bows beautifully, but also makes a great accent for a masculine card like this one!
Are you making a card for World Card Making Day??? Stampin’ Up! is hosting a contest today!
There are two ways to enter.
- E-mail a photo of a card (or of you making a card) on World Card Making Day to email@example.com.
- Post a photo of a card (or of you making a card) on Instagram on World Card Making Day. Mention us by typing @stampinup and use the hashtag: #wcmd2013 in the description.
This contest is open to everyone—demonstrators, customers, friends, spouses, children . . . you get the idea! However, there are a few conditions:
- You must be over the age of 18 to win a prize.
- You must use Stampin’ Up! products to create your project.
- You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must feature a different card.
- The contest will last all day on October 5, from midnight to midnight.
- We will randomly select 100 winners from our English-speaking North American markets to receive a Paper Pumpkin kit.
A selection of pictures will be posted to our World Card Making Day Pinterest board and the winners will be announced in a current update.
Join me and get the details here.